Re: ;;; anything.el --- open anything

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: ;;; anything.el --- open anything
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 08:57:43 -0700

On Jul 31, 5:36 pm, address@hidden wrote:

> I know that this has been brought up in the past and (setq history-
> delete-duplicates t) is supposed to fix the problem; however, I still
> get duplicates in the file history list. So, having the delete-dups in
> the candidate transformer ensures that there's only 1 instance of a
> file name displayed.

Originally there was delete-dups in the default anything sources, but
I removed it after a while, because for sources with large candidate
sets it caused a noticable delay.

For example, I have history-length set to 1000 and it was annoying I
had to wait a second or so when anything was started while anything
removed duplicates from the file-name-history.

So this setting as a default might not appeal to most users, unless my
large history setting is not common.

/Tamas