Re: ;;; anything.el --- open anything

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: ;;; anything.el --- open anything
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 16:48:52 +0200

"address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:

> Yeah, I also thought about the long names. Maybe the prefix should be
> simply anything-conf- or anything-c- or something.

Now it's anything-config- and it's acceptable.

Another thing: Could you provide a hook that is run after
anything-pattern changes but before the candidates are calculated?

Currently I'm implementing a source that lists functions by their
abbreviation first (as you suggested in your comment on emacswiki).  In
order to achieve that efficiently I need to recalculate the abbrev
regexp whenever the pattern changes.

Since `anything-update-hook' runs after the candidate calculation I
calculate the regexp in the match function currently and that is awfully
slow.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
According to Einstein's theory  of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually
roundhouse kick you yesterday.