Re: ;;; anything.el --- open anything

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: ;;; anything.el --- open anything
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 12:44:56 -0700

On Aug 3, 3:21 pm, "address@hidden"
<address@hidden> wrote:

> So it's an adaptive candidate sorter which learns which candidates you
> select frequently and makes  them more accessible for you.

Currently, the history of selections is stored and used per source, so
for example a different entry is stored when something is selected
from the File Name History or Recentf and such stored entries are used
only when sorting File Name History or Recentf, respectively.

I vaguely remember there was some reason why I selected history
handling by source, but now I don't really know what's the advantage.
Shouldn't selection history be stored by type instead, so that for
example a selection from any file providing source would contribute to
the common knowledge of what files one selects most frequently?

What do you think?