Re: ;;; anything.el --- open anything

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: ;;; anything.el --- open anything
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 21:55:03 -0700

On Aug 6, 11:52 pm, address@hidden wrote:

> My preference would be to have the selected history handling done by
> type rather than source. For example, I might be regularly editing a
> file1.txt (and thus file1.txt would appear in and I would be selecting
> it from the "File Name History" source). However, I might then do
> something that results in many files being opened (thus filling my
> recent files list). If the history handling was done by source, then
> file1.txt would still show up at the top of the "Locate" source even
> though I hadn't been selecting it from that source since both the
> "File Name History" source and the "Locate" source deal with objects
> of type "file".

Currently, it would l only work the other way around (if you select
something from Locate then it will show up first in other source of
type file), because sorting does not (yet) support asynchronous
sources, but that's exactly what I was thinking of.

I've come to the solution in the meantime: if the source has a type
then selection should be stored and used by type, otherwise by source
name.

/Tamas