Re: ;;; anything.el --- open anything

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: ;;; anything.el --- open anything
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 11:19:02 +0200

address@hidden writes:

Hi Bill,

> I've been traveling the past week so have only just downloaded the
> latest versions of anything.el (revision 66) and anything-config.el
> (revision 34). I see that there have been some structural changes as
> well as some new functionality added. Unfortunately, a lot of things
> seem to be broken at the moment (yes, I have changed my .emacs to
> reflect the new anything-type-attributes layout and the new naming
> conventions). For example, here are a number of things that happen:
>
> 1. In the anything buffer, I press enter on a bbdb entry and am
> dropped into the debugger with the message "Debugger entered--Lisp
> error: (error "this command only works while in the \"*BBDB*\"
> buffer.")"

I can reproduce that.  Gosh, I thought I've fixed it...

> 2. I press TAB on ~/.bashrc in the anything buffer and am dropped into
> the debugger with the message "Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-
> type-argument char-or-string-p action-transformer)"

That, I cannot reproduce.  I suspect it's a bug in your anything-sources
or anything-type-attributes.  Could you please post your settings?  And
which source is it that errors?

> 3. Files that match the regex in anything-c-boring-file-regexp are no
> longer being excluded (even though I have anything-c-skip-boring-files
> set up as a file candidate-transformer in my anything-type-attributes)

Oh, I can reproduce this, too.

I'll try to fix 1 and too right now.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
No person,  no idea, and no  religion deserves to be  illegal to insult,
not even the Church of Emacs. (Richard M. Stallman)