Re: ;;; anything.el --- open anything

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: ;;; anything.el --- open anything
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 11:50:25 -0700

On Aug 19, 8:35 pm, Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> wrote:
> Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Hi,
>
> >> Tassilo's solution is good, but I also fixed anything.el, so that
> >> filtered candidate transformer is run also if the candidate list is
> >> empty. This is is alternative solution.
>
> >> So with the filtered-candidate-transformer attribute you can add an
> >> "Add contact" candidate to the list of candidates if it is empty and
> >> use the action-transformer attribute to change the action list if
> >> this special candidate is the current selection.
>
> > Hey, that's a very elegant solution.  I'll implement that in
> > anything-config.el.
>
> Done and uploaded.
>
> @Tamas: Why is the `anything-pattern' cleared when you hit TAB on a
> candidate?  I'd say it's a bug, isn't it?

Actually, it's a feature. :)  I already noticed it when I implemented
the note taking source.

When you hit TAB then practically a new anything selection is started
and the value of anything-sources is replaced with a temporary source
which contains the possible actions, so you can also select an action
by typing a part of its name.

If the pattern were not cleared then no action would be displayed,
because there is a good chance the current pattern didn't match any of
the listed actions.

It's a problem for those cases where the pattern itself is actually
the input (not the selected candidate). I'll think about it how it
should be fixed.