Re: ;;; anything.el --- open anything

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: ;;; anything.el --- open anything
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 13:24:47 -0700

Hi,,

On Aug 23, 9:58 pm, Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> wrote:

> Oh, while I was typing those lines I realized that it's possible right
> now!  Add every and each source to anything-sources and fire up anything
> with
>
> (defun th-anything ()
>   (interactive)
>   (anything-set-source-filter '(anything-c-source-foo
>                                 anything-c-source-bar
>                                 anything-c-source-baz))
>   (anything))
>
> Oh, doesn't work!  It errors!

anything-set-source-filter  is meant to be used during M-x anything,
because it invokes anything-update:

(defun anything-set-source-filter (sources)
  "Sets the value of `anything-source-filter' and updates the list of
results."
  (setq anything-source-filter sources)
  (anything-update))

You can try setting anything-source-filter manually and start Anything
after that.

Note that anything-intialize resets anything-source-filter (I did
that, so the user didn't get confused if he sets some filters during
Anything and next time he didn't find his stuff, because the filter
was still active), so you need to comment this line out:

  (setq anything-source-filter nil)

If it works this way then I'll think about how to fix it, so you can
have your cake too. For example, in anything-cleanup I can reset
anything-source-filter to the value it had when Anything was started,
instead of to nil.

/Tamas