Re: keyring support

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: keyring support
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 03:00:25 +0200

   Tom> This code adds some simple keyring support to Emacs.  For the moment
   Tom> this is just some lisp-level support for managing a keyring.  The .el
   Tom> defines a simple API for managing a keyring, and a couple back ends:
   Tom> an Emacs-specific keyring using GPG, and an interface to the Gnome
   Tom> keyring (via the attached C program).

   Leo> Is this package a subset of easypg?

   No, I don't think so.  I downloaded and looked at easypg.  It does
   seem to have some keyring management, but AFAICT this is just
   management of your GPG keyring.  keyring.el is for maintaining
   passwords for various services in encrypted form... like the Gnome
   keyring or the Mozilla password manager.

I have already seen something like that recently on the sources
mailing-list. Initially it is sort of a frontend to various
keyring software. Maybe you could try to hack a new backend on
top of it ?

        Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org