Re: anything is del.icio.us

From: Mark Plaksin
Subject: Re: anything is del.icio.us
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 23:03:38 -0400

Xavier Maillard <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Mark,
>
>    Here's an anything source for your del.icio.us posts.  It displays the
>    posts which contain anything-pattern in any part of your post (URL,
>    tags, and both the short and extended descriptions).  The most recent
>    matching posts appear first.
>
> It does not work here. It just hangs forever and I have to kill
> it after a few minutes.
>
> Tell me how I can help in debugging this.

[ Crossposted & followup to gnu.emacs.help ]

This happened to me a time or three.  I don't know whether Emacs or
del.icio.us was the problem.  I was never able to debug it.  At least
one time it happened Emacs seemed to be in a CPU spin.  I don't *think*
anything-delicious can get into a tight loop like that but anything's
possible.

Set debug-on-quit to t and then hit C-g next time it happens.  I'll do
the same :)

>    > There user-emacs-directory is undefined.
>
>    Oops.  That must be new in Emacs 23.  The version below should work with
>    Emacs 22.
>
> I am using GNU Emacs 23 here and I do not see any of this neither
> as a variable nor as a function. Are you sure it is not something
> you have into your .emacs ?

It's in CVS Emacs' lisp/subr.el.  The CVS log says it showed up in
June.  I assumed it had been around forever!