Re: [ANN] yet a newer version of the axiom mode for emacs.

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [ANN] yet a newer version of the axiom mode for emacs.
Date: 04 Oct 2007 17:38:41 +0200

I just uploaded another improved version of my emacs mode.  The most important
new features - apart from bugfixes and cleanups - are:

* you can now have several axiom sessions in parallel within one emacs, as
  things should be.  Say M-x axiom to start a session, M-x rename-uniquely to
  rename it, M-x axiom to start a second one.

* I used axiom's history mechanism to support saving and restoring worksheets
  now.  M-x s asks you for a file name, supply one and emacs will store
  everything:

  -  myfile.input         ... the lines of input you typed
  -  myfile               ... the buffer as it looks
  -  myfile.axh/index.KAF ... the state of the axiom session

  Visiting myfile, and typing M-x axiom-mode will restore the state of the
  axiom session and display the buffer as it looked before.  I yet need to use
  enriched mode, and somehow store the overlays as well, or make them into
  text-properties, but that shouldn't be too difficult.

Get it from

  http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/AxiomEmacsMode

I'd be very happy to hear whether you find it useful in general, and
suggestions on how to improve it.  Since I don't own MS Windows, I'd be
especially grateful for testing on MS Windows.  An xemacs port would also be
greatly appreciated.

Martin