Re: edit-list.el v0.2

From: Rupert Swarbrick
Subject: Re: edit-list.el v0.2
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 12:41:08 -0500

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 08:38:05 -0700, Michael Olson wrote:

> address@hidden writes:
>
>> (interactive
>>   (list (intern (completing-read "Edit list: " obarray 'boundp t
>>   nil))))
>>
>> How about this?
>
> Nice!  That was the main wishlist item that I had.  Here is edit-list
> v0.2.

Yeah, so this is going to sound like sour grapes, but whatever:

I tried that and found the following problems:

1) It found symbols which weren't lists, which didn't really make sense
or work.
2) It couldn't pick up symbols that you were sitting on a la symbol-at-
point or whatever, which I thought would also be cool.

Anyway, that's why I put together the read-any-list shtuff.

Rupert