predictive.el -- new release and (finally!) a public repository

From: Toby Cubitt
Subject: predictive.el -- new release and (finally!) a public repository
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 18:39:00 +0100

It's been nearly a year since the last minor release of the Predictive
Completion package, which I guess reflects the fact that predictive-mode
and its various support libraries are fairly stable and feature-complete
by now.

Nonetheless, I've accumulated various bug-fixes and minor feature
enhancements over the past year, and it was high time to roll new
release.

The new package is available from:

http://www.dr-qubit.org/download.php?file=predictive/predictive.tar.gz

As always, the package's web page can be found at:

http://www.dr-qubit.org/emacs.php#predictive

But the major news is that I've *finally* published the package's git
repository at:

http://www.dr-qubit.org/git/predictive.git

(This is a git repository, not a web site; i.e to grab the sources you
need to use "git clone http://www.dr-qubit.org/git/predictive.git";.)

The repository contains both predictive-mode itself, and also the
numerous support packages: completion-UI, auto-overlays, and the various
data structure libraries (all of which can be used independently of
predictive-mode).

This has been a very long time coming, and should make contributing to
the package significantly easier. I encourage anyone who wants to hack
predictive-mode or any of the related Elisp libraries to clone the repo
and send me a pull request if you want me to consider including your
changes. (Traditional patches are, of course, still welcome too.)

Happy Elisp hacking!

Toby Cubitt