help-xref-elfiles.el v.3

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: help-xref-elfiles.el v.3
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 10:40:19 +1100

This is a couple of lines I made to buttonize ".emacs" and "foo.el" in
docstrings, going to those those files either user-init-file for .emacs
or the usual locate-library for .el files.

.el filenames in docstrings are usually in add-on libraries mentioning
related things etc.  Within emacs itself of course cross references are
usually to a symbol, mode name, etc.

The buttonizing matches anything filename-like since there's no specific
delimiters.  I suppose demanding quotes like `foo.el' or `.emacs' could
be sure to make them unambiguous, though words ending ".el" are close
enough in practice.