Poetry tool -- last posting

From: Bob Newell
Subject: Poetry tool -- last posting
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 19:59:11 -1000

Aloha kakou,

I couldn't resist tinkering. poetry.el has been vastly revised:

* New foot counting method that is much more accurate and achieves ~90%
  accuracy (by line of verse) on a difficult text, Tennyson's 'Idylls of
  the King.' (Accuracy by word is much higher.)

* Interfaces (via w3m, w3m.el) to five different online rhyming
  dictionaries as well as the local command-line 'rhyme' package.

* Provides rhyme-pattern templates for numerous verse forms.

This is intended to be my last posting unless I make further major
changes, which is not likely. The latest version is here and I will keep
this link updated.

  http://www.bobnewell.net/filez/poetry.zip

I'm especially interested in improvements to the foot-counting
method. This is, especially for English, a very difficult problem that
probably won't be ever completely solved in poetry.el. Please let me
know if you have ideas or find words that don't "count" correctly. There
are quite a few of them.

Mahalo,

--
Bob Newell