proper way of packaging a GPLed perl script

Subject: proper way of packaging a GPLed perl script
Date: 3 Apr 2002 20:02:25 GMT

I wrote a perl script for downloading of very large multipart binaries
posted to usenet.  (not for porn pictures, but for things like movies,
ISO images, etc). The script is actually quite smart in what it does.

I want to make it available for the general public, however I am not
sure how to package it properly. Right now, it creates (and requires)
several subdirectories under the current directories:

nfo/
cache/
download/
etc/

is that appropriate?

It also requires several perl modules.

One question is, should I package he modules with it or let the users
install it?

igor