Re: [arch-dev] Re: very old thread and the regexps.com problems

From: Jim Choate
Subject: Re: [arch-dev] Re: very old thread and the regexps.com problems
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 13:28:12 -0500 (CDT)

Tom,

If I may be so bold...

Drop it, and then focus all this energy on working with those of us who do
have the resources to help arch grow. Then when Red Hat comes a calling
you can then be in a position to extract some revenge. What I would
suggest is that we focus this energy and release it to SuSE or any other
distro -BUT- Red Hat or one of its agents. You might even right such a
clause into the license.

I can say, as one of the two persons, who created the first Linux user
group in Texas (CT-LUG in '94) and somebody who has been working with Open
Source since FSF founded in 84/85, that this view as expressed by the
current Red Hat management is -not- Open Source culture, it is Capitalist
with a capital C. They will pay for their hubris.

What Red Hat -should- do is take -any- legitimate offer from -any- Open
Source developer, anything less is simple spin doctor bullshit.

May Red Hat rot in Hell (not my Hell though, please).