Re: FSF taking money from outsourcers

From: Snuffelluffogus
Subject: Re: FSF taking money from outsourcers
Date: 28 Apr 2004 15:53:44 -0700

Per Abrahamsen <abraham@dina.kvl.dk> wrote in message
news:<rjad0w4dp2.fsf@sheridan.dina.kvl.dk>...
> darkred@myway.com (Snuffelluffogus) writes:
>
> > Yes, similar to how the slave trade helped certain Africans
> > while being a boon for the traders in Europe and the New World.
>
> No, the moral equivalents of the slave "traders" are the Western
> anti-globalists, who believe that temporary disruption when retraining
> for another job are unacceptable price for a trade that will bring ten
> families in the undeveloped countries out of poverty.

Those ten families are in poverty because firstly their politicians
are corrupt or oppressive and it is the populations' responsibilities
to fix that, not ours; and secondly they produce far more offspring
than they can afford and it is their own responsiblity to change
that behavior (which often is the result of vanity and racism anyway).
In short, they screw up and it is their fault and their problem.
It is unethical to let them make their problem ours by giving them our jobs.

> And I know the Indian programmers who get the jobs.

I've known irresponsible people, but that doesn't mean I support
their irresponsible behavior.