Re: FSF taking money from outsourcers

From: Per Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: FSF taking money from outsourcers
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 10:00:51 +0200

"Kenneth P. Turvey" <kt@squeakydolphin.com> writes:

> Ideally there would be no corporate income taxes to dodge.  The income
> could be taxed when it is disbursed to the owners and employees of a
> company.

The Economist support that, that is, don't tax companies, but do tax
both dividend *and* increases in share value equally.  It should give
just as much tax money, since the saved tax money will either go to
dividends, or be reinvested and thus make the shares worth more.

The only problem I see is if a company does business in another
country, all the tax money will go to the country where the owners
live, not the country where the company is doing business.