Re: GPL software request newsgroup?

From: Per Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: GPL software request newsgroup?
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 17:48:18 +0200

Mark Stankus <mstankus@calpoly.edu> writes:

>    I was wondering if there is somewhere (a newsgroup?) where people
> could say: It would be great if someone wrote a GPL program which
> did (fill in the blank).

Basically, find a newsgroup or other forum for whatever domain the
problem you want solved belongs, and ask if anyone knows a good free
program to solve the problem.  The more specific forum you find, the
better.

"It would be great if someone (else) did something" is rarely a
productive form for request.