Re: 1-Click, Short-Click, Long-Click, More-Clicks (New Microsoft Patent)

From: Christopher C. Stacy
Subject: Re: 1-Click, Short-Click, Long-Click, More-Clicks (New Microsoft Patent)
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 21:37:10 GMT

 Barry> In article <878ygelmtd.fsf@blp.benpfaff.org>,
 Barry>  Ben Pfaff <blp@cs.stanford.edu> wrote:

 >> Barry Margolin <barmar@alum.mit.edu> writes:

 >> > I doubt anyone thinks that when they click on a link in a browser and it
 >> > goes to another page or submits a form that this is "launching an
 >> > application".
 >>
 >> Are web-based email services applications?

 Barry> Possibly.  But the individual operations within the email service
aren't.

 Barry> BTW, rather than harping on the phrase "open the application", I'm more
 Barry> concerned about "limited resource computing device".  This is used in
 Barry> just about every claim, but I'm not sure what it means.  The
Description
 Barry> refers to PDAs, and explains that the reason this method is needed is
 Barry> make up for the lack of a keyboard

I've never seen a PDA with a mouse, though.  Or, what means it, to "click"?