Re: FSF taking money from outsourcers

From: Stefaan A Eeckels
Subject: Re: FSF taking money from outsourcers
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 23:13:45 +0200

On 30 Apr 2004 14:54:44 GMT
Christopher Browne <cbbrowne@acm.org> wrote:

> No, that would _not_ be taxed, unless someone sold their shares.
>
> There is no taxable event in "the value of the shares going up."

My local tax office assesses the value of my company's
shares based on the issue price, and the yearly income
statement (it's the local equivalent of an Inc., but
my wife and I own all the shares). I get a nice piece
of paper telling me what my company is worth, and then
its added to my fortune - so I can pay 0.5% fortune tax
on it. I'm not complaining, as income taxes are very
low here, e.g. single people with an incomes under about
$33,000/annum don't pay a cent of income tax. If you've
four children, you need to earn in excess of $45,000
taxable (i.e. after social security contributions) before
you start paying income tax, plus you get monthly child
allowances of about $1,200 (tax exempt). There are worse
places to live.

--
Stefaan