Re: FSF : lackeys of their corporate masters

From: Sam Holden
Subject: Re: FSF : lackeys of their corporate masters
Date: 6 May 2004 02:41:10 GMT

On 5 May 2004 19:23:06 -0700, Snuffelluffogus <darkred@myway.com> wrote:
>> So people don't have a right to choose what to do with their work, but
>> they do have a right to a "fair living"?  Fair to whom?
>
> Setting the price of their labor at zero is unethical.

So it is unethical for me to tutor "disadvantaged" high school students
through a university student union voluntary tutoring program?

It is unethical for me to help a little old lady across a busy road
without demanding she pay for the service?

It is unethical for my mother-in-law to babysit my son free of charge
while my wife and I go out to dinner for Valentine's day?

It is unethical for me to drive my grandmother to her chemotherapy without
charging her whatever the going taxi fair is?

>> News flash:  In a free society, people are allowed to do things that other
>> people consider unethical.
>
> News flash; The USA is not a free society. It is ruled by
> corporations, which are the only "citizens" that matter.
> That is why we have DCMA, a patent office gone wild, and
> scores of other ugly problems including your friend Bush.

And because it is unfree in some ways, we should work to make it unfree
in other ways?

--
Sam Holden