Re: FSF : lackeys of their corporate masters

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: FSF : lackeys of their corporate masters
Date: 06 May 2004 21:21:10 +0200

Stefaan A Eeckels <tengo@DELETEMEecc.lu> writes:

> David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote:
>
> > According to your logic, companies like RedHat should be dead,
> > because they produce only reproducible stuff.
>
> First, this isn't true. I don't know RedHat,

You are making a spectacle out of yourself, claiming to know the truth
about things which you at the same time admit to don't know.

> but I do know SuSE and they add non-GPLed stuff such as YaST to
> their distribution,

I was not talking SuSE as an example.

> so that the cheapskates from CheapBytes cannot reproduce the
> complete package.

The cheapskates from CheapBytes _are_ reproducing RedHat CDs.

> In addition, the booklets, sleeves and other material _are_
> copyrighted, and cannot be reproduced. If some entrepreneurial type
> in a cheap-wage country would counterfeit the complete package, SuSE
> might well be driven into insolvency, and because the counterfeiter
> doesn't have the wherewithal to continue the development of the
> distribution, it would disappear.

According to your logic, companies like RedHat (not SuSE, RedHat)
should be dead, because they produce only reproducible stuff.