Re: FSF : lackeys of their corporate masters

From: Sam Holden
Subject: Re: FSF : lackeys of their corporate masters
Date: 6 May 2004 23:42:38 GMT

On 6 May 2004 08:24:54 -0700, Snuffelluffogus <darkred@myway.com> wrote:
>> It is unethical for me to help a little old lady across a busy road
>> without demanding she pay for the service?
>
> Helping little old ladies across the street is not a PROFESSION
> that requires YEARS of EXPENSIVE TRAINING, you idiot.

My my, you do get annoyed when the selfishness of your xenophobic views
are pointed out, don't you.

Another of my examples (which you ignored) was tutoring students from
poor families who attend poor schools for free. That does require "YEARS
of EXPENSIVE TRAINING", so you believe I shouldn't be allowed to try
and help people like that?

And what about all those self taught programmers, who manage to release
free software without "YEARS of EXPENSIVE TRAINING"? What about all those
people from places where "YEARS of EXPENSIVE TRAINING" don't exist because
they have "free education"?

Your view is simply: my daddy/mummy/brother/self lost his job because
someone else could do it more cost effectively elsewhere, hence it
should be illegal for people to do things more cost effectively then
my daddy/mummy/brother/self.

Of course your view was different when other people's
daddy/mummy/brother/self lost their jobs due to computers and
machines replacing them, or their jobs moving offshore. After all
it was OK when it resulted in lower prices for you, right?

--
Sam Holden