Re: FSF : lackeys of their corporate masters

From: Bernd Jendrissek
Subject: Re: FSF : lackeys of their corporate masters
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 09:27:15 +0000 (UTC)

In article <5f063e31.0405061223.402e7559@posting.google.com>
Snuffelluffogus <darkred@myway.com> wrote:
>"Bernd Jendrissek" <berndj@prism.co.za> wrote in message
>> FWIW, it's not evil, but *good* from my perspective.  I'm not exactly in
>> India or wherever the latest fashionable ofshoring destination is, but
>> I'm certainly in a "cheap labour" country, compared to the U.S.
>
>Then you are biased...

No more biased than you.  No, I'd rather say I'm just selfish.  You have
a problem with that?

>> You see, there is no absolute moral standard which you can apply to your
>> "evil corporations" - it's situational ethics.
>
>Not at all correct. Your argument is the same as saying that if
>the Italian Mafia decided to open an ice cream shoppe in your town,
>you should consider only your benefit, assuming the product was
>good and no one got killed, then praise the Mafia as good for you.

When your mommy asked you, "Snuffy, did you take that sweetie out of
this jar?" you said, "No, mommy it wasn't there" (note lack of
first-person personal pronouns in the lie).  You LIED to your mommy.
Therefore, you are EVIL.  Therefore, you should be BANISHED from
society, even if you now want to earn your living honestly.

Why shouldn't the Mafia be allowed to run an ice cream shop that, on its
own, operates perfectly according to the law just like any other ice
cream shop?  If you have to, catch and jail the crooks for their drug
running, or for their protection rackets.  But selling ice cream is not
a crime, nor is it immoral.

>You are simply being irresponsible, selfish, unethical.

You are not taking responsibility for your posts.  You hide behind a
stupid pseudonym.

>You are like the monkey that covers its eyes and ears saying
>it sees no evil, hears no evil.

You haven't yet pointed out the "evil".  Or are you one of those
guilt-consumed people (typically religious fanatics) who see
*everything* as evil?

>You are not innocent.

Neither are you.

>As for your claim that I automatically must "want it all",
>you are wrong and you are merely projecting your own greed (which is
>your MORAL DEFECT) onto me.

What makes you say that greed is a MORAL DEFECT?

Go read up on Game Theory, then on Evolutionary Psychology, then on
Philosophy.  Then come back and laugh at your posts and be grateful that
back then (now) you were too cowardly to use your real name.

BTW the only reason I haven't plonked you is because, occasionally, I
like playing with trolls.  Just keep saying something marginally
sensible, and I'll keep talking to you.

- --
http://voyager.abite.co.za/~berndj/ (f1084a555d2098411cff4cefd41d2e2a1c85d18c)
"years from now, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and quickly
change the subject" - lee