Re: FSF : lackeys of their corporate masters

From: Martin Dickopp
Subject: Re: FSF : lackeys of their corporate masters
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 11:58:59 +0200

"Bernd Jendrissek" <berndj@prism.co.za> writes:

> I'll stick to the theory that he's 14, hasn't yet gone through puberty
> (the rebellion phase is just starting), and his daddy just got laid
> off after working for SCO for 20 years writing crummy "professional"
> code.

SCO?  Are you talking about the same SCO whose CEO has publically
claimed that giving away gifts is against the U.S. Constitution?
That would certainly explain a lot.

If this is all true, maybe his dad wasn't laid off due to off-shoring at
all.  After all, one of SCO's largest investors, Baystar Capital, has
just recently asked them to reduce diversity and concentrate on their
primary business model, i.e. suing.  So they might simply not have a
need for developers any more.

Martin