Re: good vs evil

From: Russ Allbery
Subject: Re: good vs evil
Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 07:58:03 -0700

David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:
> darkred@myway.com (Snuffelluffogus) writes:

>> Wrong. A corporation can commit murder and never even go to jail for it.

> How does a corporation commit murder?  Care for an example?

A corporation commits murder the same way that a government commits
murder.  Sure, it's in the end done by an individual, but it's useful to
talk about in the abstract as being done by a corporation.

And the point is, I think, that not only does the corporation not go to
jail, neither do any individuals, and nothing changes the corporate
policy.  There are a whole bunch of ways that corporations do this.  Two
examples would be environmental poisoning and support of third-world
dictatorships where their sweatshops are located.