Re: The patent process

From: 23 Skiddoo !
Subject: Re: The patent process
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 16:37:20 GMT

Rahul Dhesi wrote:

.
> It has also been argued that the more productive and advanced an economy
> gets, the stroger the pro-patent-system lobby becomes, and the stronger
> the patent system gets.
>
> The same is true of copyrights and trade marks.

of course, because at that point the country no longer wants to *encourage*
the sole inventor -- that would be a disturbance.   it wants to limit
change -- and assigning long term patents is a way of limiting
innovation...which is what a mature country would naturally want to do.

This is all part of the Europeanization of American.

First they invade us with IKEA stores -- gradually infusing a cutrate
Bauhaus ethic into our apartments and dorm rooms.  The next step is
government sponsored hashish programs.

--
W '04 !