(formerly) boycott amazon

From: Brian Gough
Subject: (formerly) boycott amazon
Date: 14 May 2004 14:13:11 +0100

New text added to http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/amazon.html last month:

  The FSF decided to end its boycott of Amazon in September 2002. (We
  forgot to edit this page at the time.) We could not tell the precise
  result of the lawsuit against Barnes and Noble, but it did not seem to
  be very harmful to the defendent. And Amazon had not attacked anyone
  else.

  Amazon has got a number of other menacing patents since then, but has
  not as yet used them for aggression. Perhaps it will not do so. If it
  does, we will take a look at how to denounce it.

  The rest of this page is as it was in 2001 while the boycott was
  active.

--
Brian Gough

Network Theory Ltd,