Economics

From: Sandeep Randhawa
Subject: Economics
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 15:07:36 -0700 (PDT)

Economics:
% We = "FSF Community"
% U = "FSF Contributor"
% U/Me = "FSF User/Patron/Associate"

Proprietary, Intellectual Property, Patents,
Copyright, DMCA ...
Are we fighting a losing battle with little more than
stone age tools?

/begin{future}
Is SCO the problem or is it a symptom, a symptom of
our economics. If we didn't know??? remember we are
paupers as far as the economy of FS(FreeSource) goes.

So what is the SCO case? It is SCO Vs IBM.
What if it was SCO Vs FSF, SCO Vs U, SCO Vs Me and no
IBM class defendent.
Worse, what if it was IBM Vs FSF, IBM Vs U&Me... .
Do we think we can face these economies with the
paltry economics with which we advocate our models.
/end{Future}

My question is... Are we ready?
If yes then how? And If not then what needs to be done?