RE: Why Don't 'We' Talk about XML ???

From: PrussianSnow
Subject: RE: Why Don't 'We' Talk about XML ???
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 20:57:34 +0100

>I never said it's not readable.  Just that readability is not the main
>concern.  Having a "self-describing" "text" representation is the main
>concern.  Readability is pretty secondary.

One thing I do like about XML is that in 5, 10 or even 50 years when some
poor programmer is faced with the task of reserecting my data as long as she
figures out ASCII she'll probably get the data. This is /very/ important to
people like me and that's the level of readability I'm personally concerned
with.

Ereth.