Re: When Will GNU/Linux Be Ready for Joe User?

From: Henrik Enberg
Subject: Re: When Will GNU/Linux Be Ready for Joe User?
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 02:36:09 +0200

some_spare_id@yahoo.com (Simon) writes:

> When do you think GNU/Linux will be ready for the average Joe?  What
> obstacles must it overcome first?

It must become widely avalible in pre-installed form at computer
stores.  I just installed Gnome 2.6 and I can't really see anything
that my mom couldn't handle here that isn't also obscure on Windows/Mac
system.

I somehow doubt she'd go to the trouble to install a whole new system
instead of the one that came with the computer though.