Re: "Why Mono is Currently An Unacceptable Risk"

From: Jango Johnny
Subject: Re: "Why Mono is Currently An Unacceptable Risk"
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 03:46:25 GMT

asj wrote:

> well, actually, patent infringement lawsuits probably work pretty well
> so long as there is merit. if it did't, companies wouldn't spend so
> much time and effort protecting their intellectual property.

Bureaucracies, when driven by fear, or irrationality, will do many things.
It is not hard to conceive of a group of Microsoft /executives/ -- trying
to assuage the *boss* that Microsoft is all big and powerful still
( ooooo ), that they should embark on a headlong and foolish quest to
patent/ everything.

> and lotus is alive and well as a division in IBM.

COUGH...CHOKE...Spit take!

C'mon.  Are you telling me that Lotus now, is what Lotus then ( before
Excel ) was ?   Are you ?