Re: Linux is SHIT

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Linux is SHIT
Date: 24 May 2004 10:18:19 +0200

rolftollerud@msn.com (Rolf Tollerud) writes:

> "Linux is business."
>
> For 8 years now each year has been declared "the year of Linux
> desktop", no inroads at all has been made.

Not?  I can't remember wide-scale deployments of OpenOffice-based
desktops 8 years ago, ranging from cities to whole districts.

8 years ago, the Linux desktops were considered playgrounds when
compared to the "real things" like HP VUE, CDE and so on.  Now all
the proprietary Unix desktops have been abandoned, typically for
GNOME.

> "Linux is cheaper, faster, easier."  The professional editions cost
> the same if not even more,

Than what?

> the free editions are worthless.

Tell it to the millions of users.

> "It has a better distribution system."  Everybody have Windows, even
> Linux fanatics, and I do not know a single soul that has paid for
> it.

Oh, you are talking about stealing?  That's not a distribution system.

> Only companies and persons that buy with Windows
> pre-installed. Windows is the most spread software on the planet.

So why should we listen to the rants of a self-declared criminal?

Anyway, Windows XP won't run for long without being allowed to phone
home to Redmont and report by whom it is being used.  So you better
be a _careful_ criminal.

Or a stupid liar.

> "It has a better support system."  Suppport is
> non-existent. Linux-administrator take it as an insult that they
> should support an ordinary user. The Win X system/Open Office crash
> every 10 min. There are no MSDN system for developers.

Well, I wanted to mention that OpenOffice has the disadvantage of not
sporting a grammar checker, but it would appear that Microsoft's
products don't make access to something like that easy enough for
those people that would really benefit from them.

> Linux is a 30 year old incorrectly designed OS that should have been
> "Microkernel".

Says who?  Microsoft?  The company that runs the entire graphics
subsystem in kernel address space?  A graphics subsystem that you
can't even omit in servers?

> In the meanwhile I suggest using Apple OSX.

Last time I looked they had no Microkernel.