Re: Linux is SHIT

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Linux is SHIT
Date: 24 May 2004 12:32:40 +0200

"Barak Zalstein" <no_spam@please.not> writes:

> "David Kastrup" <dak@gnu.org> wrote in message
> x5d64uck6s.fsf@lola.goethe.zz">news:x5d64uck6s.fsf@lola.goethe.zz...
> > So why should we listen to the rants of a self-declared criminal?
> >
> > Anyway, Windows XP won't run for long without being allowed to phone
> > home to Redmont and report by whom it is being used.  So you better
> > be a _careful_ criminal.
> >
> > Or a stupid liar.
> >

> I fail to understand why you continuosly consider sharing that kind
> of critical information

"sharing of critical information" for illegal copies of Windows?
Strange euphemism.

> as a criminal activity (just do that outside of corporate
> environment).

The question is not what I consider criminal, but what the laws
consider criminal.  That is what will get your computers confiscated
and you jailed or fined.

> What if this attitude was taught (and enforced) in school?

To obey the laws?  Actually, that attitude _is_ taught in school.

> Being pedantic regarding licenses and eulas may result in confining
> oneself to a 80x25 ghetto buffer.

News flash: you could just use Linux and run a lot of free and open
software on it, without breaking any laws, licences and Eulas.  Which
is what I do, and have done for quite a long time.

Linux broke out of the "80x25 ghetto buffer" some 12 years ago, when
the first X11 servers started running on it.