GPL license

From: yzhang1
Subject: GPL license
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 04:24:25 -0400 (EDT)

Hello there,

   I'm wondering why the ubiquitous GPL license which can be viewed from
almost any Linux desktop program hasn't changed since 1991. Surely, times
have changed and there are a lot more companies who can care less about
contributing back to free material (i.e. Transgaming corp., Celera Genomics).

   Have you guys ever considered revising the GPL to better protect
copyleft violations. I'll be happy to write the clauses for the
punishments section anytime. (Death by hanging sounds good to me...)

   Even though GNU is not a legal entity and can't really enforce its rules,
I think it's time that it starts doing something about such blatant
violations.

                                                          -Yale