Re: The worst that can happen to GPLed code

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: The worst that can happen to GPLed code
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 21:08:25 +0200

Martin Dickopp wrote:

> Alexander Terekhov <terekhov@web.de> writes:
>
> > Martin Dickopp wrote:
> > [...]
> >> Excellent.  He has never lost a single case ...
> >
> > Give me a break. His track record in court as awful. Bluffing is the
> > game.
> >
> > http://www.newsforge.com/software/03/10/30/1927210.shtml?tid=150&tid=151&tid=82
>
> So saying something that you dislike in an interview is the same thing
> as losing a court case?  How interesting.

Before you can lose you must have balls to go to court and try to
prove in court of law that distribution (by Cicso/Linksys/Broadcom)
of combinations of GPLed and non-GPLed modules is an infringement.
He won't do it. Because he knows he'll lose and THAT will put an
end to his bluffing game once and forever.