Re: The worst that can happen to GPLed code

From: Martin Dickopp
Subject: Re: The worst that can happen to GPLed code
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 11:33:57 +0200

> Martin Dickopp wrote:
>>
>> Alexander Terekhov <terekhov@web.de> writes:
>>
>> > Martin Dickopp wrote:
>> > [...]
>> >
>> > Give me a break. His track record in court as awful. Bluffing is the
>> > game.
>> >
>> > http://www.newsforge.com/software/03/10/30/1927210.shtml?tid=150&tid=151&tid=82
>>
>> So saying something that you dislike in an interview is the same thing
>> as losing a court case?  How interesting.
>
> Before you can lose you must have balls to go to court

Most lawers don't try to go to court as often as possible just to prove
what heros they are.  They rather try to achieve a certain goal, and if
that goal can be achieved /without/ going to court, all the better.

So by "his track record in court is awful", you mean that he has never
won a GPL related case in court because there never was a need to take
such a case to court?  Fine, let me apply this logic:

   Alexander Terekhov has an awful track record of throwing
   cream pies into my face.

Every time we have met, you haven't failed to throw a cream pie into my
face.

Martin