Re: Linux is SHIT

From: telford
Subject: Re: Linux is SHIT
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 17:42:40 -0000

Barak Zalstein <no_spam@please.not> wrote:

> It doesn't matter (forgive my temporary luxury of ignorance)
> People vote for whatever is comfortable for them at the moment (see sw
> patents in Europe).

The people of Europe did NOT vote for software patents!
The European Patent Office are trying to ram them through with NO
popular mandate whatsoever while the parliament tries to stop them.

> In addition, programmers tend to avoid responsibility for something
> as complex as current state of computing, hence the GNU "absolutely no
> warranty".

Which is exactly the same warranty that Microsoft offer.

> You will not reach this conclusion if Windows is running perfectly on your
> machine and
> 90% of your Linux experience is install, learn new tools and interfaces,
> troubleshoot, repeat.

If installing Linux is too difficult for you then buy a pre-installed
Linux machine or pay someone else to set it up for you.

        - Tel