Plain text ASCII. Boston City Hall.

From: Don Saklad
Subject: Plain text ASCII. Boston City Hall.
Date: 21 Jun 2004 05:24:37 -0400

a. How might I set up a free public service with the public notices of
   Boston City Council Committees Public Hearings that the council
   distributes merely by email in microsoft word format ?...

   Ironically, the council has been unwilling to see how to distribute
   public notices in plain text ascii

b. Would there be something like a list server that would
   automatically convert forwarded public notices in microsoft word
   format and make them readable on the web?...

   I get the microsoft word formatted notices in rmail in emacs and
   could forward them regularly, if necessary. It is the converting
   to plain text ascii that is the difficulty.

c. Or would there be another way for me to forward the microsoft word
   formatted notices to a web link where anyone would be able to check
   the current and archived notices?...

I could get an email address submitted on the email list that would
effect forwarding of the microsoft word public notices automatically.

The council public notices full text are not available on the web. A
screwy calendar of public hearings dates is available but its
difficult to navigate and does not include the full text of the
notice, only time, location and minimal descriptor keywords.
http://cityofboston.gov/citycouncil

If any of you kind folks out there would, please ask for the emailings
of public notices of city council committee hearings, take a look at
the microsoft word formatting and let me know any ideas, hints, tips
or pointers for setting up plain text ascii formatting on a web link
or how to set up a listserver type thing and its archives.

To subscribe or or unsubscribe
email: ann.hess at cityofboston.gov
subscribe public notices city council committee hearings
unsubscribe public notices city council committee hearings