Re: Operating systems are not religions (you fools)

From: Rui Miguel Seabra
Subject: Re: Operating systems are not religions (you fools)
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:00:11 +0100

On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 12:56 -0700, Ringo Langly wrote:
> I think your boss's comment about changing religion was simply a pun
> and not something to be taken literally though.

No. It's plain ignorance and prejudice.

I'm 99.9% sure he doesn't ask the opposite question to the other guys.

Recently, at the yearly evaluation, my boss did the following:

  He took the cork from a bottle and held it up in the air saying:
    "Imagine this bottle is a Microsoft product. Does it have a cork?"
  I looked at the bottle...
    "No don't look at the bottle! Does it have a cork or not?"
  To which I replied:
    "But I need to look at the bottle in order to see if it has a cork
     or not..."

The point was to prove that I was biased against Microsoft and all my
judgement was emotional.

THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND! And on my case I'm 100% sure he didn't ask the
opposite question to everyone else.

So you can see where the religious belief lies... in my proven data, or
in their belief that Microsoft makes good products (except for the
weekly serious security bug or virus and instability).

Rui