Re: Use of GPL'd code with proprietary programs

From: Arnoud Engelfriet
Subject: Re: Use of GPL'd code with proprietary programs
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 15:56:47 +0200

Alexander Terekhov wrote:
> No judge in his right mind can ever consider linking to be
> exclusive privilege of software copyright owner.

I'm not sure that the Linux license status is comparable to other
GPL-licensed works. But in any case, without binding case law
a prudent lawyer must prepare for the worst. It may be unlikely,
but if the unlikely interpretation hurts your client, your
client should prepare for it.

Regards,

Arnoud

--
Arnoud Engelfriet, Dutch patent attorney - Speaking only for myself