Re: Use of GPL'd code with proprietary programs

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: Use of GPL'd code with proprietary programs
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 15:32:56 +0200

Martin Dickopp wrote:
[...]
> They do fine achieving their goals without suing.

Yeah. I invite everyone to have some fun.

< http://www.vorbis.com/software.psp >

http://media.april.org/audio/RMLL-2003/fixed/David-Turner.ogg
("GPL Compliance for Programmers" by David Turner, "GPL
 Compliance Engineer" of FSF's "GPL Compliance Lab")

To dak (with respect to TiVo, Cisco, etc.) :

http://www.fsf.org/licenses/210104_seminar.html

<quote>

* GPL Violation Case Study C

In this case study, we present a violation where an entire
embedded GNU/Linux distribution was included in a consumer
electronic device. We consider the problems faced regarding
kernel modules for device drivers for government-regulated
hardware, and cases where both an upstream provider and a
downstream distributor are in violation on separate matters.

</quote>