Re: Use of GPL'd code with proprietary programs

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: Use of GPL'd code with proprietary programs
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 09:23:28 +0200

David Kastrup wrote:
[...]
> A program can't cause linking of itself by calling dlopen because an
> unlinked program is unfit for running.

And? A video game is unfit for running without game console. That
doesn't prevent me from buying (or acquiring as a gift) a bunch
of game consoles and selling bundles each consisting from a game
console and my game(s). How is this different from distributing a
bundle consisting from some GPL'ed and my own non-GPL'ed stuff
(I mean dynamically linked components, static linking aside for a
moment... although it doesn't make any difference at all)?