Re: Use of GPL'd code with proprietary programs

From: Rui Miguel Seabra
Subject: Re: Use of GPL'd code with proprietary programs
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 09:44:40 +0100

On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 09:48 +0200, Alexander Terekhov wrote:
> Rainer Weikusat wrote:
>
> [... copyright misuse ...]
>
> > The GPL does not contain a grantback provision,
>
> Sure it does. It triggers when I want to distribute derivative works
> (which is okay).

No it doesn't.

Grant back is:  A releases
                B modifies
                Under certain conditions, B must grant back to A

The GPL requires that you give exactly the same freedoms to anyone you
redistribute.

>  The only 'problem' is that the FSF makes totally
> idiotic claims.

Much more credible than your claims, constantly filled with factual
errors and self references, when not full of contempt against many
judges...

Rui