Question About GNU General Public License

From: Shadu
Subject: Question About GNU General Public License
Date: 12 Jul 2004 02:12:43 -0700

My software makes a system call (with a command line that I built) to
run the ClamWin Free Antivirus,
which is licensed under the GNU General Public License.

The following components form ClamWin Free Antivirus I will use
(Without modify):

- clamscan.exe
- cygbz2-1.dll
- cyggmp-3.dll
- cygwin1.dll (Cygwin POSIX Emulation DLL)
- cygz.dll

Clam AV Database:
- daily.cvd
- main.cvd

To make my software work, I will build an interface using Visual
Basic,
My software will makes a system call  (with a command line that I
built) to run the ClamWin Free Antivirus.
My software also makes a system call  (with a command line that I
built) to an antivirus program which I program using VC and distribute
as freeware (Not Open Source Code).

Is it legal to distribute the software? Is it legal to upload the
software to my web site and share with others?