Re: Question About GNU General Public License

From: Rui Miguel Seabra
Subject: Re: Question About GNU General Public License
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 22:26:35 +0100

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 19:20 +0200, Alexander Terekhov wrote:
> Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> [...]
> > I don't get it.
>
> I think you're the champion in this respect (dak holds the silver
> medal).

If anything, the definition there supports what we've been saying.
You own your own copyrights, but the way the work as a whole is licensed
has to respect the licenses of both works. If one says: to include me
you need to license the whole as GPL'ed, you can't include it with on a
new whole work without using the GNU GPL.

Nothing else allows you to include the other work.

Of course your argument is about some uncredible claims that simply
using a C compiler can prove wrong.

Rui