Re: SCO laying an ambush for the GPL?

From: Paul F. Johnson
Subject: Re: SCO laying an ambush for the GPL?
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 11:12:46 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:22:04 +0100, Nick Kew wrote:

> The issue now seems to be "IBM has improperly contributed its own code to
> Linux in violation of a contract". Since it is not in dispute that IBM has
> contributed code to Linux, that would seem to boil down to an argument over
> whether SCO has rights over any or all of that code on the grounds of being
> a derivative work.

SCO are knackered. We know it, IBM know it, everyone (except for the
pixies and goblins who sit on the Darl's shoulders) knows it. They're
trying everyway they can to make some money through the courts as they
have a 0 to 0.000000000001% chance of getting it though proper means.

If they're going the derivative part, then just about everyone will have a
claim against everyone (even IBM against SCO!) and it will be just silly.

The sooner Judge Kimball throws SCO out for wasting the courts time with
this trumped up case which seems to be mostly hot air on the part of SCO,
the better.

TTFN

Paul