Re: SCO laying an ambush for the GPL?

From: Rui Miguel Seabra
Subject: Re: SCO laying an ambush for the GPL?
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:53:16 +0100

On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 15:32 +0100, Greg Hennessy wrote:
> http://emoglen.law.columbia.edu/publications/dcm.html
>
> Jesus H Christ.Hasnt anyone told Moglen that the Berlin Wall fell in 1989 ?

Did you bother to read until the end? By your choice of words you seem a
little tainted by religious fanaticism agains the unbelievers of communism,
not even bothering to make an intelligent effort of reading and understanding
what is being written.

After that, you try to glue Dr. Eben Moglen to dicatorial regimes, when
he's trying to help us get free of more than one.

The declaration ends with what the dotCommunist wants:

We, the creators of the free information society, mean to wrest from the
bourgeoisie, by degrees, the shared patrimony of humankind. We intend
the resumption of the cultural inheritance stolen from us under the
guise of ``intellectual property,'' as well as the medium of
electromagnetic transportation. We are committed to the struggle for
free speech, free knowledge, and free technology. The measures by which
we advance that struggle will of course be different in different
countries, but the following will be pretty generally applicable:

     1. Abolition of all forms of private property in ideas.

     2. Withdrawal of all exclusive licenses, privileges and rights to
        use of electromagnetic spectrum. Nullification of all
        conveyances of permanent title to electromagnetic frequencies.

     3. Development of electromagnetic spectrum infrastructure that
        implements every person's equal right to communicate.

     4. Common social development of computer programs and all other
        forms of software, including genetic information, as public
        goods.

     5. Full respect for freedom of speech, including all forms of
        technical speech.

     6. Protection for the integrity of creative works.

     7. Free and equal access to all publicly-produced information and
        all educational material used in all branches of the public
        education system.

Grow the fuck up.

+ So let's do it...?