Re: Questions on proprietary program using gcc libraries

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: Questions on proprietary program using gcc libraries
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:40:39 +0200

Barry Margolin wrote:
[...]
> Right.  Unless you're talking about something like a collage, making a
> compilation pretty much always requires making new copies.

You can take my copies. I can sell you (very cheap) the GPL'ed object
code you need. You can feed the linker directly from my web site, if
you like. 0.01 per executable. ;-) Seriously, linker is just like tar.
The GPL section 2 doesn't apply. But to keep you 100% happy I can link
(merge) the stuff during the installation process. Would you still
complain?